Dog Eating Poison Information



If you ever catch your Dog Eating Poison then quickly assess the situation and see how much of the Household Poisons or Toxic Houseplants he had eaten.

Dogs are always bound to eat things they should not.

A dog eating poison can be very dangerous depending on what sort of substance he is eating. After a dog has eaten a poisonous substance, he will not always show Dog Poison Symptoms until 12-24 hours after ingestion.

Dogs eating poison is quite common in households, so you as a responsible pet owner should Dog Proof Your Home and to try and avoid products that could greatly hurt their dogs.

Dogs like to explore in areas they are not allowed to be in and can either breathe in toxic fumes or consume something they think to be tasty. If your dog is known to be quite the explorer it might be a good idea to learn some Dog First Aid and invest in a Dog First Aid Kit before something bad were to happen to him or her. Having a Dog First Aid Kit lying around in an accessible area can greatly help your dog's chances of survival.

Your dog will start to show signs that he is not well by Vomiting and having diarrhea, if this is the case then you might want to feed him some activated charcoal to slow down the symptoms while you call your vet.

Not all Packaged Dog First Aid Kits have activated charcoal inside so be sure to look for either a kit that has some or to buy your own Dog First Aid Supplies.

  • Some charcoal facts: The main ingredient in charcoal is carbon. Activated charcoal contains oxygen which helps open the carbon's pores; this leads to a very absorbent piece of charcoal. When there are other carbon-based impurities in the dog's stomach, these chemicals are attracted to the activated charcoal and become trapped inside the cube.

About 25% of Animal Poison Control Center calls are due to pets eating human medication. Medicines like ibuprofen, antidepressants, ADHD, and tuberculosis drugs.

Dog Poison Symptoms can vary depending on dog and size, but it does not take a lot for dogs to get extremely sick. These drugs can result in stomach and intestinal ulcers, kidney failure, increased heart rate, overheating, seizures, and in more extreme cases they can cause coma.

Dogs Eating Rat Poison and mouse poison is pretty common as well and can be a lot more severe than human medication as not all dogs show symptoms until a couple of days later.

There are even some cases showing that the dog ate the poisoned rat instead of actually being directly exposed to rodenticide chemicals. These rodenticides are typically grain based which makes it very appealing for dogs to eat.

Some Symptoms can include seizures, kidney failure, and internal bleeding. It is often recommended to either use safer rat killing methods that do not harm other household pets or to not let your dog outside unsupervised where they could Ingest Rat Poison or sick rats could be wandering around. This also applies to inside the house when it comes to a dog eating poison.



Subscribe to It's A Dog's Life - YOUR Dog's! , our monthly newsletter with information to help you keep your dog safe and healthy with some free Bonuses. Fill out the form below. You'll then receive an email asking you to confirm that you subscribed. And you'll always have the option to unsubscribe at the click of your mouse.

Subscribe to
It's A Dog's Life — YOUR Dog's!


Enter your E-mail Address
Enter your First Name (optional)
Then

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you It's A Dog's Life - YOUR Dog's!.


Dog Eating Poison to Dog Proof Your Home

Dog Eating Poison to Dog First Aid 101