List Of Dog Poisons



Having a List of Dog Poisons near your Dog First Aid Kit can greatly help if your dog has by chance eaten something he shouldn't have or has been poisoned.

Not many people know that there are certain 'normal' Toxic Foods that could really harm your dog.

Too much of a good thing can also hurt your dog's internals without you realizing and it could be years later before he shows any serious Symptoms.

Dogs also have a tendency to get into places they should not be in and can find something they think is tasty. Be sure to keep all Household Poisons away from pet reach and to not have them sitting in the open.

Most Dog Poisonings is due to Toxic Houseplants, cleaning supplies and other detergents being left out in the open. To prevent all of this, here is a list of dog poisons for pet owners who want the best for their dog.

Poisoning from antifreeze is very deadly to your dog and if nothing is done within the first 5 hours there could be permanent damage to the kidneys and other internals, and even coma or death. Usually how a dog gets poisoned from antifreeze is when the car's cooling system is leaking or during an antifreeze change.

Antifreeze has a strong substance called ethylene glycol, which is toxic to pets when ingested. A lethal dosage of pure ethylene glycol for dogs is 4.4 to 6.6 ml per every kg body of weight. Typically ethylene glycol is diluted with other substances in antifreeze and it would take a lot more to kill the dog.

Dog Poison Symptoms could occur anywhere between 30 minutes to 12 hours after exposure to antifreeze. Common symptoms include depression, Vomiting, and other signs of intoxication. These symptoms will come and go, making many owners believe their dog has been cured, but with antifreeze this is hardly the case.

When symptoms stop, this means that the poison has already affected the central nervous system and is now being processed by the kidneys. Kidney symptoms show up one to three days after they have ingested the poison. To completely avoid such problems, there are several antifreeze brands in the U.S that do not use the ethylene glycol chemical and are thought to be safer for household pets.

Dogs can get poisoned if they eat too many grapes and raisins. Feeding your pet a couple of grapes every now and then should not be a big problem, but too much can really harm your dog and could lead to death. When either grapes or raisins have poisoned them they start to have gastrointestinal problems causing them to vomit or have diarrhea.

If the dog is not treated, they will start to have early signs of kidney failure; more extreme symptoms will occur after 24 hours of ingesting the fruit. Because of the high risk of death from eating too much of these fruits, it is important to make your dog vomit, feed him activated charcoal, and pump out his stomach before it is too late.




Subscribe to It's A Dog's Life - YOUR Dog's! , our monthly newsletter with information to help you keep your dog safe and healthy with some free Bonuses. Fill out the form below. You'll then receive an email asking you to confirm that you subscribed. And you'll always have the option to unsubscribe at the click of your mouse.

Subscribe to
It's A Dog's Life — YOUR Dog's!


Enter your E-mail Address
Enter your First Name (optional)
Then

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you It's A Dog's Life - YOUR Dog's!.


List of Dog Poisons to Dog Proof Your Home

List of Dog Poisons to Dog First Aid