The Dog First Aid You Learn Here Could Save Your Dog's Life...
Dog First Aid can reduce your dog's pain, suffering and perhaps even save the life of a poisoned or injured dog.
First aid for dogs, just like first aid for humans, is an effective combination of knowledge, supplies and skills, put into action for the benefit of your four-legged friend.
Along with a clear head and a good supply of confidence, anyone, including a child, can use them to save a dog's life. Dog First Aid 101 will help you with all of them, including the confidence.
Before Emergencies Happen
As important as it is to know what to do during a crisis, and how to do it, it's even more important to avoid the situations that put dogs at risk. Prevention is the key.
- All dogs, especially inquisitive puppies and poorly trained dogs, get into mischief. This can lead to poisoning from ingesting a cleaning product or chewing on a toxic Household Poison houseplant, asphyxiating on a small object found on the floor, or electrocution from chewing an electric cord. Outdoor hazards like toxic garden plants and pesticides are equally dangerous. Time invested dog-proofing your home will prevent such incidents.
- A calm dog is a safer dog. She's much less likely to bolt into traffic or hurt herself trying to hide from a thunderstorm. And if she suffers from separation Dog Anxiety, she can get into a lot of trouble while you're out. Learn ways to calm her and relieve her anxiety.
- A daily check helps you keep up with changes in your dog, so you can catch them early, before they worsen. Regular grooming helps prevent ear and eye infections, along with hot spots and skin conditions. Also remember that Daily brushing keeps her teeth and gums healthy, and regular exercise keeps her whole body healthy. All of these activities give her the attention she needs and craves, which helps with behavioral problems.
- Activities away from home are also dangerous. Your dog can be seriously hurt, and even injure other passengers, in a traffic accident. She needs to be restrained while in the car, for her safety and yours. Learn why it's important to put a canine float coat on her when she's in the boat or even swimming. And learn why it's even more important to put a reflective safety vest on her if you take her hunting with you.
- An obedient dog is a safer dog. If she's trained to obey you, you'll be able to control her in unusual and provocative situations. Learn about the value of proof-training her so she's ready for real-world experiences. Also learn how to pick a professional dog trainer who suits your learning style, and your dog's.
Prevention can't remove all risk to your dog. Preparation is important for effective treatment of any injury or illness.
- If you live in an area subject to floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, forest fires, tornadoes, volcanoes or even toxic waste spills, you need a disaster plan,an evacuation kit and a dog first aid kit for you and your dog. Nowhere in recent memory has this been so clearly demonstrated as it was with Hurricane Katrina, which left thousands of pets stranded as their owners had to leave them behind in their race to safety.
- You'll need a dog first aid kit. You can put one together yourself, to suit your dog's needs. Or you can buy a prepackaged dog first aid kit, and customize it with extra supplies. Now is the time to become familiar with the supplies in a canine first aid kit.
- If you're familiar with the signs and symptoms of illnesses and injuries that can harm your dog, you can provide the right aid faster, and more confidently. Learn how to recognize the signs of poisoning, illness and shock. Read up on how to determine if she has broken bones after an accident. Know the dog symptoms of illnesses and diseases that are common in your dog's breed.
Also read a First Aid Book and the information here in Dog First Aid 101 so that you'll know what to do if you ever have to treat her. It's very hard to concentrate, and even harder to learn, when you're panicked. Prepare now so you don't panic later.
You'll need to act quickly and correctly if your dog, or any other dog, is seriously ill, injured or poisoned. Learn what dog first aid to provide in various situations to relieve her suffering and keep her alive until the veterinarian can take over.
Serious injuries mean handling your dog carefully and transporting her to the veterinary clinic. You'll have to lift her in a way that limits any further damage, and minimizes her pain.
What You'll Find Here
Dog First Aid 101 is your source for information on all these aspects of canine care. Throughout the site, you'll find links to valuable resources, about different breeds such as
and many more along with recommendations for products to help you keep your dog healthy and safe. We're here to help you help your dog, so that he or she will continue to live a long, happy life.
May You Never Need It
I hope you never have to use any of the emergency first aid information you'll find in Dog First Aid 101. And I hope you'll use all of the prevention and preparation information, so that your dog can continue to live a happy, healthy life with you.
Don't Put It Off
Planning and preparing for your dog's emergency are like writing your will they're not something many of us want to do, or even consider. But just like a will, you do need to have them, for your dog's sake. You'll feel better knowing that you can keep your dog alive and reduce her suffering during any emergency situation.
- Dog First Aid Could Save Your Dogs Life !
- Dog First Aid, just like first aid for humans, is an effective combination of knowledge, supplies and skills. The Dog Blog https://www.dog-first-aid-101.com/dog-first-aid-blog.html
- Dog First Aid 101 Newsletter Subscribe Page
- Subscribe to our newsletter It's A Dog's Life - YOUR Dog's! for information and resources to keep your dog healthy and safe for years to come
- Dog First Aid Story - Stories About Dogs
- Do you have a dog first aid story to tell. We'd love to read it. And we'll publish it here on Dog First Aid 101.
- Dog Ebooks for Dog First Aid
- Dog Ebooks short for "electronic book" is a file that can be read on a computer screen and/or printed out to paper.
- Kennel Cough Symptoms Information
- Kennel cough symptoms are easily recognizable, leaving no doubt as to the nature of the infection that's ravaging your dog's upper respiratory tract. In reality, kennel cough itself is not life
- Types Of Dog Cancer Information
- With there being a lot of different types of dog cancer out there, it can sometimes be hard for an owner to figure out the correct Dog Cancer Symptoms.
- Dog Diseases Information
- Many dog diseases, such as Lyme Disease, will manifest as a fever with intermittent fatigue, but others won't be so easy to spot right off the bat.
- Dog Health Questions and Answers
- Do you have some Dog Health Questions? The health of your dog is very important and we want them to be healthy and happy because they provide us with companionship and unconditional love.
- Housetraining For Dummies
- Housetraining For Dummies is possible with the use of various recommended techniques.
- Natural Medicine For Dogs Information
- Natural Medicine For Dogs can sometimes be a better alternative to traditional medicine.
- The Benefits Of Pet Insurance
- Pet Insurance is very similar to human health insurance, which offers a range of programs tailored to suit the needs of domestic pets.
- Dog Symptoms of Illness and Injury
- The sooner you can provide the right first aid for an illness or injury, the better the chance of survival. Know your dog symptoms of illness and injury and improve his chances.
- Dog proof Your Home To Prevent Poisonings and Accidents
- Many dogs die each year from avoidable accidents in the home. Dog proof your home and reduce the chance of your dog being poisoned, electrocuted or injured.
- Dog Anxiety - Options for Calming Separation Anxiety
- Dog anxiety, including separation anxiety, can be reduced with music, aromatherapy, homeopathy, dog appeasing pheromones, or training.
- Daily Care For Your Dog - Will Improve Her Health
- Daily care for your dog will improve her health, help with doggie breath, and save money on vet bills. Daily care takes only minutes and is a time she'll come to love as you lavish attention on her.
- Dog Eye Infection Information
- Preventing a Dog Eye Infection can be as easy as keeping your pet's eyes clean.
- Dog Food Information that You need to know.
- Dog food must also consist of mineral and vitamin supplements in a balanced form. The proportions should be accurate so that they do not interfere with each other in your dogs system.
- Dog First Aid Articles to Sharpen Your Mind
- We've written these dog first aid articles to shine some light on other dog issues.
- Dog Health Issues Glossary - Glossary of Dog Injuries, Illnesses and Conditions
- There are many injuries, illnesses and conditions your dog may suffer from. This dog health issues glossary defines many of them.
- Anti Bark Dog Collar Information
- The pros and cons of purchasing an anti bark dog collar can be worth a consideration if you feel your dog is out of control.
- Dog Agility Training Information
- Dog owners sometimes need a little more Dog Agility Training Information before they start dog training.
- Keep Dog Safety In Mind In the Car, On the Water, While Hunting
- Dog safety is important at home. It's also important in the car or truck, in the boat and swimming pool, at the beach, and at the hunting camp.
- Dog First Aid can Save Your Dog's Life
- You can save your dog's life and reduce her suffering by learning some dog first aid. Learn the basics, then learn what to do for life-threatening and non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
- A Dog First Aid Kit Will Minimize Your Dog's Suffering
- A dog first aid kit can relieve your friend's suffering and reduce the chance of permanent disability. Ensure that your kit has everything you need to keep him alive until a veterinarian treats him.
- Dog Obedience Training Prevents Accidents and Injuries
- At home, and especially while you're both away, you need complete control of any situation your dog is in. Dog obedience training is essential for keeping her under control and safe.
- Disaster Preparedness — So You and Your Dog Can Get Away Safely
- Your dog's life, and yours, depend on your being ready when disaster strikes. Learn about disaster preparedness and what you need to do to be prepared to leave at a moment's notice.
- Non Allergic Dog Breeds Information
- Finding non allergic dog breeds is one way that people with dog and dander allergies are hoping to get around those allergies and finally own a dog for themselves.
- Doberman Pinscher Facts
- Here are some fresh and new Doberman Pinscher Facts if you just brought home a Doberman pinscher.
- Dachshund Dog Information
- Learning general Dachshund dog information is very important for the first time Dachshund owner.
- Beagle Facts and Information
- Those who love beagles will surely love this short list of beagle facts. If you're a new beagle owner, then let us step into the past for a moment.
- Yorkshire Terrier Information
- Here is some important Yorkshire terrier information you should know if you intend to own a dog of this breed.
- Bulldog Breeds Information
- There are many Bulldog Breeds, but the original one is the English Bulldog.
- Miniature Poodle Information
- Learning all the miniature poodle information you can though; they're loving dogs when handled correctly and will be loyal to you for life.
- Weimaraner Information
- Some Weimaraner Information is a must for all those who wish to adopt this amazing and wonderful dog.
- Labrador Retriever Information
- Here is some basic Labrador Retriever Information to help you get started if you've ever been interested in owning a lab.
- Border Collie Care Information
- Border Collie Care requires patience and a fair amount of dedication, but these dogs are one of the best friends you could ever have.
- Jack Russell Terrier Information
- You might have heard wonderful things about the Jack Russell Terrier, and now you cannot think of anything else than having a furry little friend of your own.
- German Shepherd Facts
- Knowing your German Shepherd Facts can help prepare you for Dog First Aid and other health concerns that come with this breed.
- The History of Chihuahuas
- The History of Chihuahuas has many different theories and I have found that the history of the Chihuahua can be very puzzling.
- About Boxer Dogs Information
- Learn as much About Boxer Dogs as possible, before introducing my new canine into our home.
- Pekingese Dog Information
- Being a toy breed, a Pekingese dog is usually eight or nine inches at their shoulders. They generally weigh in at nine or ten pounds.
- Shih Tzu Grooming Information
- Shih Tzu Grooming is very important and should be done on a Daily basis.
- Golden Retrievers Behavior and Temperament
- The Golden Retrievers Behavior is familiar to anyone who has seen a magazine ad or TV commercial.
- History Of The Greyhound Dog Part 1
- Did you know that the history of the Greyhound dog shows it was used as design on ancient tomb drawings?
- Choosing A New Puppy - Size And Type
- When you first look at any new puppy, regardless of what type it is, it is so easy to overlook the fact in a few months they will start to become the size and type of whatever breed they came from
- Golden Retrievers History - Goldens, Aptly Named
- In Golden Retrievers History they gradually became among the most popular dog breeds around.
- History Of The Pit Bull Dog - Part 1 of 3
- No other breed of dog has experienced as many discriminations and misconceptions as has the history of the Pit Bull.
- Dog Pictures Dog Photos Of Famous Dogs
- Send us your Dog pictures and dog photos of your dog
- Dog Books - Everything You Always Wanted to Know
- All the dog books you will ever need - Dog Health Care Guide - Fun Activities with Your Dog -Dog Training Blueprint To Success
- Dog First Aid Links Do You Want To Link With Us?
- At Dog first aid links we are looking for link parters
- Dog First Aid 101 Sitemap
- Use this sitemap to find the page you're looking for in Dog First Aid 101
- RSS Update from Dog First Aid 101
- If you want to keep up to date on various aspects of dog first aid, without the work of continually checking what's new, you'll want to subscribe to our RSS update feature.
- Contact Us - How to Get in Touch With Us
- Contact us with your complaints, praise, requests and questions.