Black Standard Poodle Information
The Black Standard Poodle
has a ton of strange and interesting facts about it.
Some of these include:
- Poodle Dogs are one of the top most intelligent dogs of the world. The Border Collie being first and the German Shepherd Facts being third.
- The weird hairstyle you usually see at dog shows actually serves as an important purpose. Since they were bred to be swimmers, having their thighs and other parts shaved helped them to swim better. The little balls of puff you see around the ankles and tail is to keep their joints warm.
- Arthur Schopenhauer, a German philosopher; Ludwig van Beethoven, a German composer and pianist; John Steinbeck, an American writer; and Gertrude Stein, an Jewish-American writer all owned Standard Poodles. Stein actually owned three with her partner.
- Dirt on a black standard poodle is not as visible as on other colored dogs. Your poodle will appear clean and well kept for a longer period of time.
- The singer Weird Al Yankovic also has a poodle named Bela. She was featured as a poodle hat on one of his album covers.
- Male poodles are a lot easier to deal with than female poodles and usually make better pets. Males tend to be a lot more hard working than the females, they are faster learners such as easier to Train and housebreak, and they tend to be better with children.
- Poodles are considered as Hypoallergenic, which means that they are almost prefect for people who are allergic to dogs. Their hair is a different texture than other breeds and this form of hair does not shed as much.
- You can probably bathe your dog once every two weeks to a month before the fur gets a bit unsightly. Other colored dogs, especially the white ones, probably need to be bathed once a week so that the fur can remain shiny and bright.
- Poodles can have bad skin conditions at times, which is why having some skin cream in your Dog First Aid Kit can always be helpful.
- The American Kennel Club takes notice of three types of sizes. The toy poodle should be under 10in at the highest point of the shoulder as well as under 10lb. The Miniature Poodle should be under 15in and weigh around 12 to 25lb. The Standard Poodle must be over 15in and should weigh around 40 to 75lb.
- Poodles date back as far as the 15th century. The Standard Poodles are the oldest of all three.
- The poodle comes from German decent, but the French were really the ones to groom it to the way they are today. In fact, French Poodle are the national dog in France.
- It is necessary to clip the fur every six to eight weeks or else it can become matted. Daily Care For Your Dog should include that you brush their hair.. Poodles have a curly coat and when they shed, this hair is stuck in the curls, which can cause tangled and matted hair.
- The black standard poodle is a quite a common color for owners.
Subscribe to It's A Dog's Life - YOUR Dog's! , our monthly newsletter has information to help you keep your dog safe and healthy with some free Bonuses. Fill out the form below. You'll then receive an email asking you to confirm that you subscribed. And you'll always have the option to unsubscribe at the click of your mouse.
Black Standard Poodle to Poodle Information
Black Standard Poodle to Dog First Aid