Dog Poison Reference Information

It is good for any pet owner to have some Dog Poison Reference information at hand or in their Dog First Aid Kit.

Many dog owners do not have a Dog Poison information and are often times completely unsure as to what they should do.

When your dog is showing signs of kidney failure and you do not have your Veterinarians emergency number or do not know the number to poison control, you lose a lot of time looking for information when your poor dogs could be in their fatal stages. With panic on top of that, it really helps to be prepared ahead of time.

Dog Poison Reference Information you should have:

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center has admitted that they get a large amount of calls in regards to Dog Chocolate Poison during the holidays like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Halloween, Easter, and Christmas.

Another common Dog Poisons that are ingested are human medications that happen to be laying around for a dog to eat. Of course, people need and benefit from these drugs that help decrease or prevent health conditions.

People just tend to forget they left their medication out in a place that the dog can reach. Dogs do not need to eat a large dose of medication in order for them to get extremely sick. 25% of Animal Poison Control Center calls come from people concerned about their pet eating over-the-counter medication.

Anti-inflammatory medicine like ibuprofen or naproxen can start to produce stomach ulcers or promote kidney failure in your dog. If your dog happened to get a hold of any antidepressant medication, take him to the vet immediately.

Dogs could start to show Symptoms of an increased heart rate, high blood pressure, and raised temperature, and if nothing is done the dog could experience seizures.

Make sure to store any Household Poisons away from your pets reach, as this is also a common case of dog poisoning. A long with Toxic Houseplants and Toxic Foods.

Pet owners might want to look into more pet friendly cleaning products so that your dog is exposed to less poison. If your dog were to ever get in the cleaning closet and consume or inhale products, then do not wait for him to show symptoms. Some household cleaners will not show symptoms until 12-24 hours later. You can always call your vet and ask if the product your pet consumed is deadly and if you should take any other necessary precautions.

People food is also high on the list of things that could injure your dog. Over feeding your dog certain people food can lead to coma or death. Avocados have an ingredient called persin, which can cause your dog to vomit and to have diarrhea.

Dogs who eat macadamia nuts have similar Dog Poison Symptoms to people who have nut allergies. Dogs will show signs of weakness, a raise in temperature, and vomiting right after they have eaten them.

Sugarless candies have a substance called xylitol and can cause liver damage and death to dogs. Be sure to contact your vet for advice if they have eaten anything containing xylitol. Other symptoms may include weakness and or seizures.

Here is some information if your Dog Eats Rat Poison or if your dog has Ingested Rat Poison.

It is always better then sorry so always have some dog poison reference information handy.

Subscribe to It's A Dog's Life - YOUR Dog's! , our monthly newsletter with information to help you keep your dog safe and healthy with some free Bonuses. Fill out the form below. You'll then receive an email asking you to confirm that you subscribed. And you'll always have the option to unsubscribe at the click of your mouse.

Subscribe to
It's A Dog's Life — YOUR Dog's!

Enter your E-mail Address
Enter your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you It's A Dog's Life - YOUR Dog's!.

Dog Poison Reference to Dog Proof Your Home

Dog Poison reference to Dog First Aid

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.